DIC has a full-time safety and loss prevention consultant providing casualty safety, loss prevention, and loss control services. DIC’s safety consultant makes periodic visits to your locations, offers suggestions, and recommendations as appropriate, and performs follow-up activities as needed. The findings of these efforts are reinforced by ongoing service, consisting of follow-up surveys and consultations for fixed facilities and job site visits, and may include:
· Evaluation of Hazard Control Measures Taken by Local Management
· Guidance to Line Management on Loss Control Techniques
· Review of Various Segments of Loss Control Program that Need Strengthening
· Evaluation of Environmental Conditions that Contribute to Accidents and/or Occupational Diseases.
In addition, DIC can support your utility’s safety efforts by providing training in specialized areas of loss control, such as:
· Back Injury Control
· Hazardous Chemicals (Handling and Waste Disposal)
· Managing the Troubled Employee
· Chemical Substance Abuse
· Working at Elevations
· Right-of-Way Clearing
· Heavy Equipment Operation Safety
· Hazards Management for Line Supervisors and Managers
Representatives of Affiliated FM Insurance Company provide property hazard control and loss prevention services. Representatives of the Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection & Insurance Company conduct boiler & machinery inspection and transformer tests.