The Tennessee Valley Public Power Association (TVPPA) seeks a Corporate Data Analyst
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Director of Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Development, this position will develop a strategy to support the data analysis requirements of TVPPA, Seven States Power Corporation (7SPC) and Distributors Insurance Company (DIC). The primary responsibilities of the job include compiling data from a variety of sources, analyzing the data to reveal meaningful information and developing reports to be used in promoting fact-based decision making. Initially, the workload will be heavily influenced by 7SPC efforts to explore development of DER programs for the benefit of TVPPA, 7SPC, and the local power companies (LPCs). Other likely projects include analysis of energy consumption data, rate reviews by customer class, and economic analyses of a variety of projects under consideration.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the Director of DER Development by compiling and analyzing data to effectively evaluate potential DER programs and verify established success factors for existing DER programs. This body of work includes analyzing market research data, developing economic models to support business cases and designing performance metrics to measure the success of current or future projects.
• Provide data analytics support for all facets of TVPPA, 7SPC, and DIC. Supported areas include Technical Services, Rates & Contracts, Education & Training, Conferences, Communications, Member Services, Information Technology, Human Resources and Financial Services.
• Facilitate the solving of complex problems by gathering data from a variety of sources, developing an analysis approach, analyzing the data to provide meaningful results and presenting results in easily understood reports.
• Provide guidance in designing and maintaining databases to support new software and technologies implemented throughout TVPPA and 7SPC.
• Provide support to staff in designing the structure of surveys to provide meaningful data that can be easily analyzed.
• Develop a central electronic repository for managing critical documents for TVPPA, 7SPC, and DIC. The documents should be searchable by a variety of fields and easily accessible.
• Develop a tool to assist 7SPC in the annual membership review to allocate members to divisions.
• Assist in compiling data for various project reports, 7SPC annual reporting requirements and TVPPA annual Research & Development reporting requirements.
• Assist staff in developing membership directories for TVPPA, 7SPC, DIC, associated boards and staff accessible through a mobile application.
• Develop databases to capture information from existing sources or potential systems (i.e. Meter Data Management) to facilitate the evaluation of products and programs and to assess impacts to LPCs from proposed rates and pricing structures.
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge Requirements
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, mathematics, economics, business, statistics, computer science or related field is required.
• Strong Oracle and SQL database skills.
• Experience with statistical analysis tools such as SPSS and MatLab is preferred.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills for data management (Access and Excel), communication (Outlook) and presentation (Word and PowerPoint) is required.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in data engineering, data analysis and/or economic analysis is preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work independently
• Relocation, if necessary, to work from TVPPA’s Chattanooga, TN, main office.
General Information: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work initially to be performed by the successful candidate. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities that this position will be assigned. The specific roles and responsibilities will be aligned with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience and modified through on the job assignments.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Deadline for resume submissions is midnight EST on March 23, 2018.
Post expires at 12:01am on Saturday March 24th, 2018