The City of Athens (AL) Utilities is seeking an Electrical Distribution Engineer.
Provides professional electrical engineering support for the Electric Department. Responsible for planning, designing, and implementing technical studies and special construction projects. Serves as department’s chief technical liaison for industrial customers concerning planning facilities and resolving problems. Functions as technical expert on the National Electric Code and the National Electric Safety Code.
- Provides technical information, design specification, and assistance for substation or metering installations.
- Installs/maintains the SCADA system for remote monitoring and control of distribution equipment. Reviews construction specifications and blue prints prior to bids; provides feedback to engineers.
- Determines electrical service requirements for commercial/industrial customers.
- Coordinates power restoration during major power outage situations.
- Provides residential, commercial, and industrial monitoring services including load profiles, voltage measurements, power factor, and ground resistance.
- Three to five years’ experience with electric utility, industry, or electric consulting functions.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical transmission and distribution systems in order to analyze system problems or evaluate system characteristics.
- Thorough knowledge of computer hardware and software including engineering analysis and system coordination.
- Knowledge of SCADA system.
Educational Requirements, Licenses, and Certifications
18 years or older. BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required. Valid Alabama driver’s license. Certification in Certified Power Technology through TVPPA or ability to obtain. Professional Engineering license required.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required for the position. Applicants must be able to work in a complex, confidential and changing environment. They must have a demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands, and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
City application required. Apply at City Hall Municipal Offices, Human Resources Department, located at 200 West Hobbs Street, Athens, AL or you may download an application from www.athensal.us and submit either via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or USPS mail. Inquiries: 256-233-8737 or www.athensal.us.
The City of Athens is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Post expires at 11:59pm on Wednesday May 2nd, 2018