Knoxville, TN, UB – EOE – Work Description: Prepare detailed engineering designs for distribution, transmission and fiber communication systems using computer-aided design and drafting tools. Oversee projects through the construction and closeout process while maintaining all project documentation. Coordinate with other KUB departments and contractors to meet design and construction deadlines. Perform calculations to ensure adequate design. Develop and use KUB design, material and equipment specifications and assist with long-range capital improvement project planning and budgeting. Receive training to perform storm response duties with other department members. Research and advance new technologies such as distribution automation to enhance the electric-system performance. Note: For more specific information regarding this position, please contact Human Resources.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited four-year college or university
• Good analytical and project-management skills
• Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, and team skills
• Ability to work independently on projects in a timely manner
• Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft office products
• Have and maintain a valid driver’s license
Physical Demands: Sedentary work; exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time in normal office conditions, but does involve walking or standing outside periodically for inspections, customer calls, etc. Work primarily in an office setting but includes routine field work and storm response duties that requires driving a company vehicle and walking on uneven terrain.
Note: The physical demands described above are intended to relate the approximate physical demands of the classification. Physical demands for a specific position within this classification may vary and/ or exceed those demands described above. Additional information regarding specific positions is available in Human Resources.
• Three (3) or more years of experience in electrical engineering, preferably with utilities
• FE/EI certificate or Professional Engineer license in state of Tennessee
• Experience with distribution and/or transmission power line design, street/roadway lighting, TDOT design experience, electric-system modeling or system reliability studies
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
• Experience with Microstation, PLS-CADD, ArcGIS, and ArcMap
In order to be considered for any position at KUB, one must apply directly online at www.kub.org.