Pennyrile Rural Electric, Hopkinsville KY, is recruiting qualified applicants for the position of Electrical Engineer. Duties include performing electrical engineering functions, including but not limited to system-protection studies, short and long range planning, electrical-system design and various other engineering duties:
- Extracts and analyzes files from Milsoft Windmil to perform system studies.
- Assists in obtaining historical substation and feeder loading data used to develop Cooperative Construction Work Plan.
- Assists in maintaining outage reports, including monitoring and reporting SAIDI, SAIFI and CAIDI reliability indices and momentary interruptions of substation breakers and three phase reclosers on a quarterly basis.
- Implements and maintains SCADA system, including programming and maintaining SCADA points using SCADA Explorer, and designing and maintaining the SCADA user interface.
- Assists Technical Services in programming SCADA controlled equipment in the field.
- Prepares sectionalization studies.
- Responsible for utilizing the aid of staking technicians to design projects listed within the four-year construction work plan and DOT road widening projects.
- Responsible for designing large projects within the Pennyrile service area which include large commercial and industrial customers, large URD subdivisions, and feeder projects.
- Acquires, or assists in the acquisition of, right-of-way associated with major system line improvements.
- Designs, stakes, and/or assists in the design of staking of all major county, state, and federal highway relocation projects involving cooperative facilities within the Pennyrile service territory. Coordinates the development and implementation of job contracts for these projects.
- Develops cost estimates as required in determining the most cost effective methods of construction with regard to upgrading existing facilities or the planning of new facilities.
- Assists dispatchers to ensure proper operation of all aspects of the SCADA system.
- Analyzes operation of existing protective devices within the distribution systems and coordinates with Operations and Tech Services Department to develop and oversee the maintenance and replacement program.
- Assists members with power-quality issues.
- Acts as on-call advisor on a rotating basis.
- Complies with cooperative’s policies prohibiting harassment and discrimination. Complies with cooperative’s Drug Free Workplace policy, anomplies with all policies, safety rules and procedures; and immediately reports possible violations to department VP and VP of HR and Benefits.
- Attends safety meetings as required. Participates in other training to stay abreast of best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited four-year university, with the ability to obtain a PE License within the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Previous experience with an electric utility may be a plus, however recent graduates and candidates from other fields will also be considered. Excellent benefits package and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. You may apply and submit resume at www.precc.com. Pennyrile Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Post expires at 11:59pm on Wednesday June 6th, 2018