The City of Oak Ridge (TN) Electric Department seeks an Electrical Engineer; salary range is $65,670 – $95,746 before standard deductions.
Under general supervision of the Electrical Engineering Division manager, designs modifications, extensions and improvements to high-voltage underground and overhead electrical distribution systems, substations, and city buildings and electrical systems.
Essential Job Functions:
• Review commercial and industrial development plans and work with developers, contractors and customers in the installation of electrical infrastructure.
• Make frequent field inspections, ensuring compliance with state and local laws, codes, and quality assurance standards.
• Support the Electric Engineering Division manager with project management, specifications, system modeling, SCADA design and implementations, and planning capital projects.
• Develop, publish and maintain specification and standards and ensures projects comply with applicable state laws and departmental policies.
• Maintain and update department record-keeping systems (both hard-copy and electronic formats), performing initial programming and programming updates for electronic record-keeping.
• Coordinate and review projects that expand the city’s electrical infrastructure with customers, contractors, developers and other city departments.
• Utilize specialized software applications, tools and equipment.
• Communicate effectively with co-workers, other city personnel/departments, regulatory agencies, external agencies/organizations, customers and the general public.
• Respond to and assist in resolving customer complaints, concerns and issues.
• Perform economic analysis for overhead and underground electric-system installations.
• Perform electrical engineering calculations such as voltage drop, fault current, system capacity and system sizing.
• Assist in employee training activities for the department.
• Oversee and assist other employees with specific work assignments.
• Must respond to electric-system emergencies 24 hours a day, whether on standby or not.
• Principles/practices of Electrical Engineering.
• Electrical power/electrical transmission/distribution systems.
• Public-works design standards, materials, and construction; land-development practices, review procedures, and development-related issues and concerns.
• Personal computer, a variety of software programs and other equipment essential to performing daily activities.
• Interpreting/applying policies and procedures, codes/ordinances, professional standards and regulatory requirements.
• Establishing/maintaining effective working relationships; and communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess or obtain Class “D” State of Tennessee driver’s license.
Candidates must apply online at http://www.oakridgetn.gov/. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Post expires at 11:59pm on Sunday March 18th, 2018