Pennyrile RECC, Hopkinsville, KY, seeks qualified candidate for the position of Substation Technician; salary range $55,000 – $85,000 before standard deductions.
1. Install, program, and maintain substation TWACS and SCADA equipment.
2. Perform maintenance, testing and repair of substations and distribution line equipment.
3. Determine proper settings/programming for substation metering/protective equipment.
4. Assist line personnel with power restoration during emergency situations.
5. Provide testing and checkout for new substations/substation additions.
6. Calibrate/test relays/electronic controls throughout the cooperative’s system.
7. Download event/load data from substation relays and recloser controls; maintain substation load/device duty-cycle databases.
8. Assist with hazardous material spills cleanup.
9. Prepare inspection/maintenance data reports.
10. Assist with installation/troubleshooting/repair of Pennyrile’s fiber-optic system.
11. Comply with cooperative policies prohibiting harassment and discrimination. Comply with cooperative’s Drug Free Workplace policy and all policies, safety rules and procedures; and immediately report possible violations to department VP and VP for HR/Benefits.
12. Attend safety meetings as required. Participates in other training to stay abreast of best practices.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
• High-school diploma and eight (8) years’ related experience, associate/technical degree and two (2) years’ experience; equivalent combination of education and experience
• Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License
• Valid CPR/First-Aid/AED certification
• Completion of TVPPA Substation Maintenance Course
• Hazardous material emergency response certification
Excellent benefits package and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. You may apply and submit resume at www.precc.com. Pennyrile Electirc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Post expires at 11:59pm on Tuesday April 3rd, 2018