Appalachian Electric Cooperative (AEC) is a rural electric cooperative serving parts of Jefferson, Grainger, Hamblen, and Sevier counties in East Tennessee. We currently have an opportunity for a Systems Control Operator in our New Market, TN, office. AEC offers a highly competitive total compensation package.
Under direct supervision of the Systems Control Supervisor, the Systems Control Operator utilizes independent action to evaluate the efficient actions necessary to direct, monitor, advise and operate the cooperative’s system in a safe and reliable manner, safeguard cooperative property and other private or public property, and maintain safe conditions for employees and the public.
The Systems Control Operator participates in the operation of the cooperatives’ transmission and distribution facilities in conformity with established practices and procedures of the cooperative and TVA.
• Experience working for an electric utility desirable
• Experience in a dispatch or call center environment
• High-school diploma or equivalent
• 2-year technical degree preferred
Essential Job Functions
• Monitor and operate the SCADA system, performing essential functions as required for the electric system
• Direct and coordinate crews to effectively and efficiently control the electric system in a safe manner
• Ability to effectively analyze and mitigate trouble on the electrical system, utilizing tools and techniques available
• Ability to perform switching functions with or without supervision
• Proficient with computers with ability to access member information, mapping data, automated meter reading data, work order data, service order data and related functions as needed
• Receive and dispatch radio communications following procedures, including FCC regulations, to communicate switching orders, service locations, switch locations and outages.
• Operate and read instruments pertinent to loads, voltages, currents and record information in the designated logs and/or other records in the prescribed manner
Submit resumes to email@example.com.
Appalachian Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.