Central Service Association, located in Tupelo, MS, is seeking applicants for the position of Vice President/Human Resources. This position is responsible for directing all employee functions of the association, including benefits, employee relations, recruitment and training, according to the associations policies and practices and the labor laws and regulations which govern employment. The incumbent is accountable for the strategic human-resource planning resulting in attracting and retaining the best talent available in the positions most critical to the organization and in an environment conducive to professional growth and development. Experience in project management and benefit administration is beneficial. The position is guided by the objective of establishing the company as the employer of choice through executing the best human resources practices within the industry. This position reports to the CFO.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization\’s human-resource function and performance.
• Participates in the development of the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
• Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
• Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
• Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
• Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
• Develops programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
• Develops human-resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities, and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the software industry.
• Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
• Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
• Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development, among others.
• Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. In particular, manages the human-resource information systems database and provides necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
• Coordinates the activities, programs and strategic HR plans of other HR departments throughout the corporation.
• Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the human-resource discipline.
• Manages other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health, and community relations.
• Manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
• Continues improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
• Evaluates the HR division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a focus on human resources or related business field.
• 5-plus years of HR experience with demonstrated competence in several HR functional areas and leading others.
• Experience designing and implementing annual and long-term incentive compensation programs.
• Adept at handling sensitive employee relations matters.
• A confident, decisive, individual who possesses a strategic focus as well as an operational, implementation and detail-oriented perspective.
• An articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
• SPHR, CP or SCP certification is a plus.
CSA offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits. If you would like to be a part of a growing fast-paced technology company and you are qualified for this position, contact CSA in confidence with cover letter, resume, references and salary history at:
CENTRAL SERVICE ASSOCIATION
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
P.O. BOX 3480
TUPELO, MS 38803-3480