Department: Information Technology
Reports to: IT Applications Manager
FLSA Status/Pay Scale: Exempt/J
Serves as a liaison between mid-level stakeholders and Information Technology in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization and recommends solutions to enable the organization to achieve its goals. Helps one or more departments to define and then validate the implementation of the optimal solution for their needs. Identifies, obtains and translates disorganized information into a form that can drive creation of relevant and practical solutions to organizational problems. Serves as primary point of contact for a designated core system. Ability to serve as project manager on core system project(s) and / or cost savings initiatives related to core system.
• Identifies and defines complex business needs; identifies opportunities for improvement and develops the business plan independent of system
• Determines requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, user stories, scenarios, and task and workflow analysis
• Consults with subject matter experts, technical experts, end users and other stakeholders to gather information about functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements and interfaces with other systems
• Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, segments high-level information into details, and abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding
• Assesses solutions to ensure that goals are met and requirements are satisfied, including preparation and assessment of request for proposal responses, internal designs, and manual procedures. Defines acceptance criteria, identifies defects, and defines and validates corrective actions
• Serves as liaison and resource to project managers, developers, and other project team members throughout each phase of the process to help clarify and/or resolve issues related to requirement, design, testing and acceptance specifications
• Lead and facilitate meetings and groups
• Develop and deliver presentations
• Ability to consume and clarify large amounts of information
• Ability to set and maintain deadlines
• Acquire knowledge of existing systems and make recommendations to enhance or consolidate existing solutions.
• Perform system testing and assists in user testing.
• Perform quality assurance activities (walk-through, project reviews, etc.)
• Participate in reviews of completed projects to ensure that goals have been met.
• Provide tier three support to end users for any system or software related issues.
• Respond to Help Desk tickets submitted by functional users and update ticket tracking system as appropriate
• Train employees in the use of computer software and hardware.
• Translates technical information into user-friendly program documentation.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology, skills, and applications; Participates in professional development activities as appropriate
• Performs additional job-related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
B.S. Degree in Business or technical discipline and 7 years’ experience, or A.S. Degree in Business or technical discipline and 10 years’ experience.
Skills & Abilities:
Excellent customer relations and communication skills (verbal and written); Strong organizational and critical thinking skills; Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Ability to gather requirements, create documentation, train individuals, analyze data, and write reports; ability to think logically in solving problems. Proficient with relational databases and writing intermediate to advanced SQL queries. Experience with report writing tools such as Microsoft Reporting Services or Power BI. Experience with modern project management methodologies such as Waterfall / Agile.
IIBA CCBA Certification within 18 months of employment or promotion
The ability to use a computer keyboard effectively. The ability to communicate orally by phone and in person. The ability to see and read printed material. The ability to perform field related research and development.
Primarily indoor office conditions but may require field work while gathering requirements or analyzing processes
Must have and maintain a valid Tennessee Class “D” license.
Must maintain an operating telephone and furnish the number to his/her supervisor.
Visit https://www.jaxenergy.com/about-us/careers to apply by May 31, 2022.