COMPANY: EPB Chattanooga
POSITION: Buyer I
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a company that values people and innovation while placing the highest priority on enhancing the lives of their customers and community? Are you a motivated, passionate, and highly skilled technical and engineering talent with a compelling urge to serve a meaningful purpose and to make a difference? At EPB, we put our customers, employees, and community first. We are dedicated to developing diverse, high-performing people who are passionate about what they do. If this sounds like you, we invite you to learn more about how you can join our team and grow with us.
The Buyer I will gain a clear understanding of EPB Purchasing Policy and legal requirements related to utility purchase best practices. Procure goods and services required for capital projects, operating and maintenance, by obtaining bids, quotes or proposals dictated by policies and legal requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process daily purchase requirements, focusing on cost management, supplier partnership, risk mitigation, quality, and stocking requirements.
- Provide internal customer service, understanding customer requirements and managing suppliers to those expectations.
- Participate in supplier negotiations, preparing bid documents to determine pricing, terms and conditions, stocking agreements, quality, and other requirements.
- Develop partnerships with suppliers to support the procurement process. Determine traceable metrics to manage supplier performance.
- Work alongside the Materials Management department to achieve the preferred inventory profile, creating a strategy to implement changes and techniques as necessary.
- Assist in solving purchasing and/or shipping discrepancies; work with A/P, suppliers, receiving and compliance, and other internal departments as it relates to the purchasing function.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field with a minimum of 0-2 years related work experience and/or training. Certification from an Institute of Supply Management (ISM) is desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract law and inventory principles/practices required; Knowledge of electrical and fiber optics materials and equipment preferred.
- Basic PC Skills, good independent decision-making skills, analytical and assessment skills, and experience using basic office equipment.
CERTIFICATIONS and OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must operate motor vehicles during normal working hours to perform various tasks assigned. Ability to develop strong relationships and be able to adapt to unexpected changes.
- A valid driver’s license and demonstrate safe and responsible operation of motor vehicles.
- You’ll enjoy competitive compensation including outstanding benefits and perks that fit your life, including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and wellness plans for you and your family – including a free on-site health clinic and on-site exercise facilities
- Educational assistance programs and programs centered on career development to help you reach your personal and career goals.
- Funding a financial savings program that helps you plan your future – 401K
- Volunteer Opportunities
Please apply at https://epb.hcshiring.com/jobs/8NQOQYCoaUevJTUzMOjsVw.