Duck River Electric Membership Corporation (DREMC) is currently searching for a Communications Manager.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Communications Manager is responsible for leading and developing a team that is tasked with drafting, coordinating and improving all aspects of DREMC communication to members and employees. This includes – but is not limited to – employee memos, press releases, DREMC website, intranet, social media, internal wall monitors, employee newsletters, member magazines, and other forums involving written communication.
1. Must be able and willing to lead on a consistent basis.
2. Consistently models the Leadership Principles of Leadership Landmines, 8 Management Catastrophes & How to Avoid Them.
3. Demonstrate an intense intellectual curiosity that is guided by sound judgment in the best interests of DREMC.
4. Must offer and solicit feedback daily.
5. Aptitude to create, facilitate, or champion solutions and practical implementation to benefit Members and Employees.
6. Coordinates messages that other departments may “own”, such as bills, billing software, outage software, and others as applicable where the ownership involves a department with significant subject matter expertise and careful coordination is required to ensure successful outcomes for all employees and departments.
7. Manages a wide variety of special projects and DREMC requests that often require the use of knowledge and diplomacy to resolve sensitive issues in a manner consistent with all applicable federal and state laws, DREMC By-laws, and Cooperative Policies.
8. Manages and coordinates the cooperative’s residential, commercial and industrial energy-efficiency projects and programs to Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) standards.
9. Oversees the development of content and layout for the monthly newsletters, magazines or other materials.
10. Oversees the development of content for the company website and social media.
11. Analyzes and confirms accuracy of various daily, monthly, and yearly reports.
12. Responsible for reviewing and approving payroll time, as needed.
13. Conducts accurate and consistent employee performance evaluations while maintaining a productive and professional atmosphere by coaching, training, and motivating employees.
14. Maintains an awareness of DREMC’s goals and vision.
15. Others as assigned.
Education — Post-secondary undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university is required. Preference will be given to formal education related to marketing, journalism, writing, and comparable fields of study.
Experience — Minimum of three (3) years of experience in one or more of the following is required: writing, editing, or producing paper or electronic communication on a weekly or monthly basis.
License, etc. — Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Tennessee Driver’s License. Must be eligible and remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — A broad understanding of journalism and media industries are desired. Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, and ability to deal with a variety of internal and external contacts. Ability and experience in leading and managing staff of communications professionals. Working knowledge of traditional and social media platforms and appropriate use required. Ability to prioritize, delegate and meet deadlines. Knowledge of utility industry desired.
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Financial and Administrative Services
Duck River Electric Membership Corporation (DREMC) is a member-owned electric cooperative, serving an area of approximately 2,500 square miles in Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Giles, Grundy, Hickman, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Marion, Marshall, Maury, Moore, Rutherford, and Williamson counties in southern middle Tennessee. DREMC distributes quality electricity at the lowest possible cost, promotes and facilitates economic development, and enhances the quality of life for 77,000 members through over 6,000 miles of line.
Benefits: DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits including group medical, dental, vision, employer sponsored medical clinic, life and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Qualified candidates should apply at http://www.dremc.com under careers. Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and complete application form to be considered.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third party recruiters.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V