COMPANY: Arab Electric Cooperative, Inc.
POSITION: Distribution Engineer
This position performs and/or coordinates with engineering consultants for the planning design of the Cooperative’s electrical distribution system, analyzes electrical data from a variety of sources and recommends necessary changes to produce the most effective electrical distribution system possible. The Distribution Engineer evaluates and implements technology as required to improve the planning design of the distribution system. He or she reviews system planning and construction in coordination with other departments as required. She or he works with Members in planning for new loads and distributed generation as well as oversees the Work, Service, and Maintenance Order Queues. The Distribution Engineer assists in technical training and support for other departments as applicable.
This position will support and adhere to all safety standards and be responsible for the engineering and design functions necessary to ensure a safe and reliable electric system for our Members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Design, modify, and deploy work processes, tools, and technology to deploy and enable a safe and reliable electrical distribution system
• Ensure Cooperative compliance with applicable standards, codes, and policies
• Conduct proactive reviews and evaluations of employees and provide consistent feedback on what is working well and opportunities for improvement on an ongoing basis
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
• Professional Engineering License is preferred.
• Progress towards obtaining PE is required.
• Two years’ experience in transmission or distribution work comparable to this position are desired.
• Must possess a valid working knowledge of applicable safety and construction codes.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Alabama driver’s license Only qualified applicants considered.
Normal work hours: Monday through Friday.
Work is often performed in an indoor office environment. Some overtime work may be required.
Job is physically comfortable most of the time; individual is normally seated, standing, or driving and has discretion about walking, standing, etc. Will occasionally lift or move objects typically found in a warehouse or mechanic shop as needed.
Work environment is generally climate-controlled office with adequate lighting and low noise levels but will also include field work where personal protective equipment (PPE) is required at times.
This job requires proficiency with a computer, engineering software, mapping system, SCADA, scanner, phone, copier, printer,
and document shredder.