Applications are being accepted for the position of Electric Engineering Technician at Bowling Green, Ky., Municipal Utilities.
The work schedule for this full-time hourly position is 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position effectively coordinates the planning, design and construction of new electrical projects of a semi-technical nature between the electrical contractors and the BGMU electric-line crews that will construct the project. Wage level commensurate with experience. Essential duties include:
• Design/plan complex electric-distribution systems using established guidelines and engineering practices.
• Work with customers/contractors to effectively prepare construction drawings, cost estimates, power contracts, easements and other documents for implementing construction of the project.
• Design street lighting systems and make recommendations on security lights.
• Stake pole lines and conduit routing, providing proper field sketch for drawing work order prints.
• Perform field inspections as required.
• Maintain project data files for the duration of the construction project.
• Must be available for periodic after-hours standby.
Must have a working knowledge of surveying, GPS technology, engineering graphics, basic and intermediate electrical theory and mathematics, safety rules and practices, various codes and regulations, and electric utility materials, equipment and methods.
Minimum requirements: High-school degree or graduate equivalency. Some college or vocational training and/or work experience in technical or power engineering.
Preferred qualifications: Associate or bachelor degree in electric engineering or engineering technology.
Applicants must apply online at https://www.bgmu.com/career/job-application/. Applicants lacking a computer with Internet access can find these tools at the Kentucky Career Center, 803 Chestnut Street, in downtown Bowling Green. Resumes alone will not be accepted. This position is open until filled. Full consideration will be given to applications received by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 11, 2019.
Post expires at 11:59pm on Monday December 23rd, 2019