Appalachian Electric Cooperative (AEC) provides electric service to nearly 47,000 meters in rural East Tennessee—including homes, farms, businesses, and industries. We own and maintain an electric-distribution system that covers around 600 square miles in parts of Grainger, Hamblen, Hawkins, Jefferson, and Sevier counties.
Who we are
As an electric cooperative, we are owned by the members we serve. Our goal is to improve the lives of our members by providing them with reliable electric service in a safe, courteous, and timely manner at the lowest possible price.
We currently have an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer in our New Market, Tenn., office. The Electrical Engineer participates in the planning, engineering, operation and maintenance of the transmission, substation, and distribution facilities of Appalachian Electric Cooperative (AEC).
AEC offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, short/long-term disability, paid parental leave, 401(k) and a company-funded pension plan. Benefits eligibility is first of the month following 30 days of employment.
• Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology
• Three to five years engineering experience relating to electric-utility planning and operations with emphasis on design, construction, and operation of electrical distribution systems
• Possess Tennessee Professional Engineer’s license or the ability to obtain a Tennessee P.E. license within four years of employment
• Valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record
Essential Job Functions
• Knowledgeable and proficient in compliant conformance with the standard practices of AEC, Rural Utilities Services (RUS), and the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA)
• Develops short-range and long-range work plans, including drawings, plans and specifications for the construction of transmission, distribution and substation facilities
• Implement and manage AEC’s distributed energy resource management system (DERMS) in coordination with TVPPA and/or Seven States Power Corporation
• Perform analysis and technical support including coordination studies, power quality, voltage drop, motor start, fault current, etc to ensure the reliability of the electrical system
• Monitors construction projects to assure compliance with NEC, NESC, RUS, and cooperative requirements
• Working knowledge of engineering software, including but not limited to, AutoCAD, CIS, SCADA, OMS, GIS/mapping systems and engineering analysis software to meet requirements of AEC, RUS, EPA, TVA, and/or DOT
• The position requires availability to assist engineering and control center operations as needed during system outages and may include nights and weekends
• Basic knowledge of electrical utility line design and field staking
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with members, vendors and other employees
• Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a project-management team
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs
• Full-time residence must be within 30 minutes of the cooperative main office within 90 days of hire.
• Resumes can be submitted to email@example.com. Please reference TVPPA Jobline in your email.
• Appalachian Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
AEC IS A TENNESSEE DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Post expires at 11:59pm on Thursday October 3rd, 2019