Duck River Electric Membership Corporation (DREMC) is a member-owned electric cooperative, serving an area of approximately 2,500 square miles in Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Giles, Grundy, Hickman, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Marion, Marshall, Maury, Moore, Rutherford, and Williamson counties in southern middle Tennessee. DREMC distributes reliable electricity at the lowest possible cost, promotes and facilitates economic development, and enhances the quality of life for more than 73,000 members.
Position overview: Actively involved in distribution system planning, material specifications, and contingency planning. Supports planning and expanding our AMI, CVR, and communication backhaul systems, and continues construction and improvement of substation and distribution line facilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (Power Option preferred) from an ABET-accredited program
• Previous experience with an electric utility may be a plus, however recent graduates and candidates from other fields will also be considered
• High technical and problem-solving skills
• Proficient in the use of software including Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of an electrical utility, including system protection schemes and symmetrical components may be a plus.
• Experience with Milsoft WindMil, AutoCAD, ESRI, SEL relays, GIS and SCADA may be a plus.
• Candidate must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions and inside electrical substations.
Benefits: DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits, including group medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, pension and 401(k) savings plans, tuition reimbursement and possible relocation assistance.
Location: DREMC headquarters is in Shelbyville, TN, located 50 miles southeast of Nashville, 25 miles south of Murfreesboro and 50 miles north of Huntsville, AL.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.dremc.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Post expires at 11:59pm on Saturday June 15th, 2019