COMPANY: Middle Tennessee Electric
POSITION: Electrical Engineer: Test & Maintenance
MTE has a culture focused on exemplifying a group of ideal team players; individuals who are humble, hungry, and people smart. At MTE, we believe teammates who put the needs of others before oneself, seek innovative solutions to problems and challenges, and understand how our words and actions impact our teammates and our members, help MTE achieve our purpose of serving together to make life better for our members.
Above all skills, aptitudes, and job experiences, being an ideal team player is the most vital attribute someone must bring to our organization.
If you are an ideal team player and you meet the qualifications outlined in the job description, we welcome your application!
To perform those functions necessary for providing continuous electric service to members required by the maintenance of all electrical equipment on the system; to promote the safety of employees, members, and the public through electric equipment maintenance; and to continually seek out new methods for the testing and maintenance of system electrical equipment with little or no supervision.
- Four-year degree in Engineering Technology, statistics, or a similar technological field required. Two (2) years’ relevant experience preferred for entry level (Associate Engineer – Test & Maintenance).
- Four-year degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university required and five (5) years’ relevant experience preferred for Electrical Engineer and Senior Electrical Engineer – Test & Maintenance.
- Ability to obtain Professional Engineering license is preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience in maintenance and testing of utility electrical equipment preferred.
- Experience in interpreting control logic and its use within an electrical protection scheme also preferred.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems, word processing, spreadsheet, database and other software.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, communicate and interact effectively with employees across multiple departments.
- Willingness to participate in on-the-job training.
- Encompass the three virtues of the Ideal Team Player (Humble, Hungry & People Smart).
- 401(k) and ROTH 401(k)
- Accrued paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- Eleven paid holidays each year
- Employee pension program
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Mental health/well-being programs
- Discounts from companies like United Communications, Verizon and Nissan
- Financial and retirement planning services
- Tuition reimbursement
Statement of Nondiscrimination
It is the policy of MTE to ensure compliance with the nondiscrimination obligations of Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Readjustment Act, and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and each of their amendments and implementing regulations. It is the policy of MTE that no person shall be excluded from participation in or be denied the beneﬁts of or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Please apply at https://mtemc.applicantpool.com/jobs/ by June 6, 2023.