CDE Lightband, the municipal power provider for the City of Clarksville, Tenn., offers electric, television, Internet and phone service to customers within the city limits. CDE Lightband serves more than 70,000 metered homes and businesses with electric service and more than 21,000 customers with broadband services over our Fiber-to-the-Premises Network. We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to be a part of our team to drive innovative projects, upgrade systems and work with our customers for future designs.
This is the first of four levels in the Electrical Engineering series. Incumbent responds to after hours issues and emergencies requiring the ability to address a wide variety of issues and emergencies independently, utilize SCADA, GIS, IVR, OMS, customer accounting, and similar systems; works with Project Engineers to complete and accomplish tasks.
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Job Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: Business Hours
Pay Status: Hourly
FLSA Status: Exempt Pay Grade: 12
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE
• Prepare, update and review diagrams of underground/overhead electrical lines and fiber-optic lines
• Maintain/locate necessary information for new projects while coordinating with customers, contractors and operational teams
• Respond to outages/emergencies, during regular hours and after hours
• Assist in directing personnel during major outages and emergency situations
• Utilize applicable equipment and software, which may include SCADA, GIS, IVR, OMS, and related systems
• Review incoming projects to determine impact on the electrical system
• Coordinate activities with customers
• Initiate work orders to begin construction
• Stake jobs for construction
• Coordinate work with contractors and operations personnel, as necessary
• Prepare switching procedures for review/approval
• Assist in short/long-range planning
• Coordinate with consulting engineers
• Assist in developing construction standards and specifications
• Prepare a variety of engineering and operational records and reports
• Perform other duties of a similar nature or level
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited engineering program with PE certification in the State of Tennessee (or ability to obtain PE) highly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
• Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE) expected within 1 year of hire
• Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Tennessee, to be obtained within reasonable time of hire, according to CDE management.
• Electrical engineering principles, practices and techniques
• Electrical construction principles, practices and techniques
• SCADA systems and hardware
• Occupational hazards associated with electrical transmission/distribution
• Customer-service principles
• Record-keeping principles
• Computers and related software applications.
• Using specialized Electrical Engineering tools and equipment
• Creating electrical and fiber optic maps
• Installing and maintaining SCADA hardware
• Coordinating operational activities
• Preparing/processing work orders
• Providing customer service
• Maintaining project files/records
• Using a computer and related software applications
• Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, dusts, poor ventilation, intense noises and environmental disturbances.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Grade & Salary: B32T: Minimum $28.60. Salary based on knowledge, skills & experiences.
EEO Compliant; TN Drug-Free Workplace & E-Verify Participant Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply, visit www.cdelightband.com and click on ‘Careers’
Post expires at 11:59pm on Saturday October 12th, 2019