Winchester, Tenn., Utilities
The position we are hiring for is a Journeyman Lineman. The Journeyman Lineman is responsible for installing and maintaining electrical power system network of lines and cables from the substations to customer meters. Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Experience and certifications preferred, but not required.
This is for a full-time position with excellent benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, company-paid life insurance and long-term disability, 401(a), 457(b), paid vacation time, paid sick time, and 13 paid holidays. In addition to competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we also offer advanced, objective performance reviews that factor directly into compensation. Regular hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT Monday to Friday. The Journeyman Lineman position has rotational on-call requirements and other after-hour requirements in the event of large power outages, weather-related issues, etc. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Apply in person at 219 2nd Ave NW, Winchester, Tenn.
Winchester Utility System is a State of Tennessee Drug Free Workplace.
- Construct/maintain/repair overhead and underground electrical distribution and transmission system, including stringing and pulling wire, setting poles and anchors, climbing poles, installing transformers, cross arms, insulators, primary switches and other hardware
- Knowledge to calculate full load amps and make proper load calculations to prevent overrating/underrating transformer size
- Read switching orders and safely carry out orders
- Must be trained in WUS Arc Flash program
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Communicate effectively with on-call dispatchers and complete orders properly with accurate information
- Customer Service skills
- Six Sigma
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Certification from an accredited lineman college or apprenticeship with progressive experience
- CDL Class B required
- Extended periods of sitting/standing; occasional lifting 20-50 pounds frequent lifting <20 pounds; bending, reaching, stooping, climbing, and other ranges of motion as needed to carry out essential job functions; able to climb poles and work out of elevated buckets
Salary: $54,516.00 to $78,478.00/year
Post expires at 11:59pm on Tuesday October 15th, 2019