Responsible for performing diversified work of erection, repair, operation and maintenance of distribution and transmission lines of all classes and voltage, including energized lines, and on structures and equipment involved in the distribution and transmission of electricity under the direct supervision of the Electric Line Foremen.
• Climbs poles, towers, or works from aerial bucket truck to perform all types ofNwork on energized or de-energized lines and equipment installing
equipment and hardware.
• Uses a variety of hand tools, and hydraulic and air tools in installing electrical equipment and hardware.
• Uses hot sticks, rubber gloves, line hose and other protective devices to work on or near energized conductor.
• Handles material, operates truck or other equipment as necessary to perform work on the job site.
• Assists with digging holes, setting and framing poles, trimming trees, painting towers, and other duties as required for the maintenance, operation,
and construction of the electric system.
• Reads, interprets, and works from job prints and drawings.
• Responds to requests for emergency service; locates source of problem and repairs and/or replaces power lines. Must be able to operate
substation and line breakers to restore power during emergencies.
• “Walks” power lines to locate defective equipment and/or faults.
• Repairs street and security lights and associated circuitry.
• Responds to customer complaints and/or requests; makes load checks, and installs wires and parts.
• Follows all safety guidelines as required by OSHA and National Electric Safety Code (NESC).
• Performs daily safety inspections of assigned equipment prior to and after use, and performs routine service and maintenance as needed.
• Completes field reports, materials requisitions, meter change forms, time sheets, interruptions and other forms associated with the job functions as
directed by the foreman or superintendent.
• Assists in training apprentice lineman and other new employees.
• Attends meetings, events, seminars, schools, or training, etc., as determined by General Manager, Supervisor or as required by law.
• Must be able to report to work within 30 minutes on short notice or must be willing to relocate within 6 months.
• Must be available for 24-hour on-call and emergency response.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Maintain a professional, positive attitude with commitment to public service, and in adherence to HUB’s mission, mission, vision, and core values.
• Considerable knowledge of construction, repair, operation and maintenance of electric systems.
• Ability to perform pole top rescue.
• Ability to read and work from blueprints or drawings.
• Ability to meet and deal tactfully with the general public and to communicate effectively.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, City officials, and the general public.
• Ability to interact effectively and communicate with supervisors, co-workers and the public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Will be subjected to standing, walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, bending, pulling, and lifting.
• Will be required to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
• Will be required to have close visual acuity to perform and activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a
computer screen, extensive reading, and/or operation of general office equipment.
• Will be required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operate machines, or equipment where seeing the job is at or within arm’s
reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades of a non-repetitive nature, such as technicians, service people, etc.
• Will be required to climb ladders, scaffolding, and overhead areas.
• May be required to walk considerable distances while staking out new lines, evaluating existing infrastructure, or during emergency situations.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS:
• Certification of Journeyman Lineman
• Possession of a valid Tennessee Class A Commercial Driver’s License
• Must be certified in current CPR/First Aid practices
• Requires a high school or vocational school degree or equivalent, with the ability to receive and carry out both oral and written instructions safely
• Completion of Lineman’s Apprenticeship Program with a thorough knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the
maintenance, operation and construction of electric systems.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While not encountered every day, the Employee may be subject to any or all of the following during the course of work:
• Will be required to work both indoors and outdoors.
• Will be subjected to environmental conditions. Some protection is provided from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
• Will be subjected to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32 degrees (F) for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to
the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
• Will be subjected to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees (F) for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the
effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
• Will be subjected to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the Employee to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
• Will be subjected to vibration. Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities, or whole body.
• Will be subjected to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical
current,working on scaffolding, exposure to high heat, or exposure to chemicals. Safetyequipment is provided.
• Will be required to work and be comfortable at various heights. Safety equipment is provided.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.