Your community needs power. Our team designs the protective systems to ensure power stays on. Be a part of an award-winning company and POWER YOUR FUTURE with CE Power as our lead electrical engineer in Nashville, Tenn.
This position is responsible for directing and overseeing the execution of power-systems study and design projects from start to finish, in compliance with industry and company standard practices and procedures. This position will be familiar with all stages of the design cycle, review job/project specifications and changes, assist with the execution of the project and work with project managers to coordinate project specific resources. Additional responsibilities include providing both technical and sales support as needed to others inside the company.
As a lead electrical engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Demonstrated consistent proficiency through daily updates and related job-execution communications.
- Leading interaction with other functions and locations to determine optimum solutions.
- Keeping current on all safety and technical training.
- Working with CAD staff, developing and/or updating client electrical drawings including one-lines, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Reviewing field data and perform, coordination, short-circuit analysis, and arc-flash studies.
- Providing technical insight with regard to substation systems and electrical-power systems including equipment design and application, power-system and NERC compliance studies, and compliance with industry standards.
- Adherence to all company, industry and client safety protocols and standards.
- Assessing project-specific resource needs and coordinating assignments with project manager. Communicating core technical job requirements.
- Supporting immediate supervisor on planning and organizing workload to ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Coordinating with the engineering manager on the master-engineering resource schedule as well as forecasting upcoming engineering requirements/needs including non-job related training schedules.
- Managing expenses against project budgets and making recommendations to reduce expenses.
- Coordinating proper project handoff between sales and operations/engineering.
- Participating in project kickoff meetings to discuss in detail work scope, project specifications, budgets, schedules, and safety requirements with project team.
- Effectively communicating with other departments to assure activities are properly coordinated.
- Ensuring timely and accurate invoicing for all engineering projects by providing all paperwork in a like manner; these include Service Acknowledgement Forms (SAFs), weekly time keeping, documentation of change orders, test reports, and other documents as required by the project deliverables.
- Consulting and coordinating as necessary to utilize suppliers with the capabilities to meet material and equipment needs for shop and field activities. Responsible for expediting and resolving issues regarding material and equipment availability.
- Oversight of all required documentation and records related to assigned projects on file in the proper location for reference and backup.
- Training/mentoring junior engineers.
- Ten (10) to (12) years power distribution and related protection and control schemes experience.
- Understanding and application of NEC/NFPA 70, ANSI C57, ANSI C37, and NESC in the design of substations and industrial power.
- Sustained successful performance at the electrical engineer level.
- PE licensed professional (preferred).
- NETA Level III (recommended).
- Project-management experience preferred.
WHY WORK FOR CE POWER?
CE Power values their employees and provides you total compensation that is beyond salary. Full-time and part-time team members receive the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance starting the 1st of the month after employment for our employees and their dependents
- Paid Time Off; we value work-life balance – so much so that we have a CE Power Fundamental reflective of this: Live a Healthy Lifestyle.
- We’re a family-friendly company and we recognize the importance of spending time with loved ones
- 401(k) matching
- Company-paid short term disability (STD)
- Life Insurance – basic coverage is offered to our employees at no cost.
- Continuing education
Post expires at 11:59pm on Wednesday September 25th, 2019