COMPANY: Middle Tennessee Electric (MTE)
POSITION: Network / Telecommunications Supervisor
To administer telecommunications infrastructure in a manner to provide affordable, reliable, safe electricity and outstanding member service and provide leadership and supervision to telecommunications technicians. Implements, maintains, administers telecommunications systems, which include:
a. Land Mobile Radio
b. FCC licenses
d. Fiber Optic
e. Fixed wireless
f. Network infrastructure and cabling
g. Tower site infrastructure
h. SCADA RTUs, devices, appliances, and interfaces
i. Data center UPS
j. Video surveillance
k. Switches and routers
• Must have a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Networking, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
• Must have an active Cisco CCNA or comparable certification. An active Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or comparable certification is preferred.
• Must have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in maintaining and supporting complex networks and telecommunications systems.
• A high level of knowledge of one or more of the following technologies is preferred: fiber optics, fixed wireless, telephony, SCADA, and land mobile radio.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
• Willingness to participate in on-the-job training.
• Encompass the three virtues of the Ideal Team Player (Humble, Hungry & People Smart).
• 401(k) and ROTH 401(k)
• Accrued paid time off for vacation and sick leave
• Eleven paid holidays each year
• Employee pension program
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Mental health/well-being programs
• Discounts for products and services from companies like United Communications, Verizon and Nissan
• Financial and retirement planning services
• Tuition reimbursement
Who is Middle Tennessee Electric?
Middle Tennessee Electric (MTE) is more than a utility, electric cooperative or public power company. We are a group of people serving our family, friends and communities by providing electricity and support to live comfortably, affordably and conveniently. Team MTE shows up every day to make life better — for everyone.
We love living and working in Middle Tennessee, and based on the growth in our area, it seems that other people do too. MTE provides electricity to some of the fastest-growing areas in our state. This growth has helped us become the second largest not-for-proﬁt electric distribution cooperative in America and the largest in Tennessee. Our 500+ ideal team players serve a growing population of 750,000+ residents with 320,000+ meters. As our membership grows, Team MTE grows. That’s why we look for humble, hungry and people smart employees who can help us fulﬁll our purpose, mission and vision.
STATEMENT OF NONDISCRIMINATION:
It is the policy of MTE to ensure compliance with the nondiscrimination obligations of Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Readjustment Act, and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and each of their amendments and implementing regulations. It is the policy of MTE that no person shall be excluded from participation in or be denied the beneﬁts of or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Submit your application/resume to: https://mte.com/HumanResources by July 11th