TVPPA understands that working remotely presents a wide array of challenges. That’s why we are sharing a free “Remote Boot Camp” offered by Tennessee’s Roane State Community College with our members. The four-week boot camp, designed to help participants navigate their virtual work environment, will be offered three times this fall. The course is grant funded, so enrollment is free for the first 150 registrants regardless of the state in which they are located.
This interactive 30-hour course includes the eight modules listed below in a four-week period with one 90-minute virtual classroom session each week. The curriculum is coupled with self-paced online learning.
- Module 1: Your remote work setting
- Module 2: Effective Communication Skills
- Module 3: Navigating Daily Workflow
- Module 4: Personal Productivity & Time Management
- Module 5: Teamwork in a Virtual Environment
- Module 6: Virtual Security
- Module 7: Autonomous Critical Thinking
- Module 8: Career Pathways and Upskilling for Remote Work
Three Class Options
Class begins October 14 and will meet virtually every Wednesday for four weeks from 9:00am – 10:30am Eastern time.
Class begins October 22 and will meet virtually every Thursday for four weeks from 11:30am – 1:00pm Eastern time.
Class begins October 27 and will meet virtually every Tuesday for four weeks from 5:30pm – 7:00pm Eastern time.
The process to enroll is simple and no application process is required. Click here to register.