Power Your Future with CE Power in our field-services department as a protection and control relay technician in Nashville, Tenn. Due to continued growth, we are seeking seasoned protection and control technicians and field engineers. If you have 5+ years of relay testing experience in major utility substations, we want to hear from you!
Our seasoned relay technicians lead and perform testing/routine maintenance of transmission and distribution substation power equipment, relaying (electro-mechanical, solid-state and micro-processor), pilot channel equipment (power-line carrier, pilot wire, transfer, transfer trip, fiber-optic, CVTs, line tuners, line traps, etc.), controls and communications equipment. Adhering to our core value, “Safety Around the Clock,” all of our employees contribute to a safe work environment, follow all safety and human-performance best practices, and work to uphold our core values.
As a protection and control relay technician, you will be responsible for:
- Testing, including (without limitation): Reading/verifying all voltage and current inputs to relays, verifying all metering (local and SCADA), calibrating all relays, trip testing (local and SCADA), verifying all alarms (local and SCADA), verifying all alarms (local and SCADA), verifying all function switches, etc.
- Performing routine troubleshooting and repair of substation relaying and control equipment. Commission new substations, power equipment, relaying (electro-mechanical, solid-state and microprocessor), pilot-channel equipment (power-line carrier, pilot wire, transfer, transfer trip, fiber optic, CVT’s, line tuners, line traps, etc.), controls and communications equipment.
- Planning, scheduling, and completing test activities efficiently, on time, without service interruptions.
- Providing project technical support to field-service personnel.
- Minimum of 5 years of field experience in commissioning, panel and equipment checkout, relay calibration, testing and repairing substation relaying and control schemes.
- Experience is desirable in any of the following related areas: substation design (including protection & control engineering), substation construction, substation commissioning, SCADA/fault data/SER/integration-automation equipment installation and testing.
- Must have experience working with three-phase power systems, power-system protection & control schemes, test equipment, test equipment software – test equipment and toll/wiring usage, interpretation of wiring and elementary diagrams, basic test skills to perform duties listed above and basic PC skills.
- Quickly learn/apply test procedure for various types of substation equipment, communicate effectively with diverse groups, tailoring communication for audience and situation.
- Learn/apply client’s switching procedures and safety measures as required.
- Reference/complete assignments as described in applicable specifications.
- Perform regular field work both indoors and outdoors.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, business acumen, management ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
WHY WORK FOR CE POWER?
CE Power values their employees and provides you total compensation that is beyond salary. Full-time and part-time team members receive the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance starting the 1st of the month after employment for our employees and their dependents.
- Paid time off; we value work-life balance – so much so, that we have a CE Power fundamental reflective of this: Live a Healthy Lifestyle.
- We’re a family-friendly company and we recognize the importance of spending time with loved ones
- 401(k) matching
- Company-paid short-term disability (STD)
- Life insurance- basic coverage offered to our employees at no cost.
- Continuing education
Post expires at 11:59pm on Wednesday September 25th, 2019