COMPANY: Middle Tennessee Electric (MTE)
POSITION: Recruiting Specialist
To perform administrative duties and assist the Recruiting & Talent Development Coordinator in managing and maintaining employee recruitment and employment records, systems, and procedures. May participate in interviews and industry events where MTE is represented. Acts as the MTE point of contact assisting applicants requesting information when needed.
• Four-year degree from an accredited college in business, human resources, or a training-related field. Degree requirement may be waived with high school diploma/equivalent plus 5 years of experience in human resources, training or recruitment.
• Interviewing and automated employment applicant tracking system experience desired.
• Knowledge and experience with creating written advertisements and published communication articles desired.
• Knowledge and experience with social media outlets, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media recruitment resources preferred.
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office suite of products required.
• Comfortable with public speaking and leading large groups in training environments.
• Professional and excellent customer service and communication skills, with a dedication to department goals.
• Ability to analyze and recommend operating practices to improve efficiency, multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
• Must be able to work independently, as well as within a team dynamic.
• Must maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive data and information.
• Encompass the three virtues of the Ideal Team Player (Humble, Hungry & People Smart).
• 401(k) and ROTH 401(k)
• Accrued paid time off for vacation and sick leave
• Eleven paid holidays each year
• Employee pension program
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Mental health/well-being programs
• Discounts for products and services from companies like United Communications, Verizon and Nissan
• Financial and retirement planning services
• Tuition reimbursement
Who is Middle Tennessee Electric?
Middle Tennessee Electric (MTE) is more than a utility, electric cooperative or public power company. We are a group of people serving our family, friends and communities by providing electricity and support to live comfortably, affordably and conveniently. Team MTE shows up every day to make life better — for everyone.
We love living and working in Middle Tennessee, and based on the growth in our area, it seems that other people do too. MTE provides electricity to some of the fastest-growing areas in our state. This growth has helped us become the second largest not-for-proﬁt electric distribution cooperative in America and the largest in Tennessee. Our 500+ ideal team players serve a growing population of 750,000+ residents with 320,000+ meters. As our membership grows, Team MTE grows. That’s why we look for humble, hungry and people smart employees who can help us fulﬁll our purpose, mission and vision.
STATEMENT OF NONDISCRIMINATION:
It is the policy of MTE to ensure compliance with the nondiscrimination obligations of Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Readjustment Act, and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and each of their amendments and implementing regulations. It is the policy of MTE that no person shall be excluded from participation in or be denied the beneﬁts of or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Submit your application/resume to: https://mte.com/HumanResources by July 6th