OMICRON is a leading manufacturer of primary and secondary test equipment for electric power systems. The Sales and Application Engineer (SE Territory) will be responsible for developing territorial sales and providing technical support of OMICRON products and services with emphasis on our primary and secondary products and applications in the Southeast Territory. This position will report to the Area Sales Manager (ASM).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Develop business strategies to increase revenue and advance market share of OMICRON
• Assist in developing, maintaining and improve customer relationships within the Southeast Team
• Develop, maintain, and improve relationships with key accounts within designated area as assigned by the Area Sales Manager
• Establish initial communication with qualified contacts to help arrange customer visits
• Follow up sales activities on market events such as conferences, user meetings, seminars, and exhibitions
• Perform on-site demonstrations and assist in post-sale customer training
• Update and Maintain Customer Relationship Management tools (CRM)
• Provide update status on all job related to activities to the Area Sales Manager as needed
• Provide support for customers as required for the SE Territory, assigned by the Area Sales Manager.
• Become technically proficient in OMICRON products and solutions to best meet market demands and industry requirements
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the ASM.
• At least 2 years of experience in power systems, especially in the fields of power system protection and high voltage apparatus. NETA Level IV is a plus (InterNational Electrical Testing Association).
• Minimum 1 year of sales experience in selling testing equipment, instrumentation or apparatus for the electric power industry
• Participation in international, national, regional and local conferences, exhibits or seminars.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to schedule and plan strategically or react quickly to a changing working sales environment
• Knowledge of power generation, transmission and distribution systems and the various apparatus used within these systems
• Knowledge of testing methodologies and maintenance practices used to assure a continuous and reliable power system
• Ability to present products, technologies and test methodologies to technicians, engineers, supervisors, managers and executives via telephone, email, visits, exhibits or webinars
• Ability to perform products demonstrations on-site with or without the assistance of Application Engineers
• Reputable business and work ethics and personal character
• Goal and team oriented – willingness to work collectively with others to achieve corporate, regional and personal goals
• Knowledge and understanding of the organization and business processes employed by electric power companies, government agencies, manufacturers and industrial consumers of bulk power in the North American market
• A solid working knowledge of MS Office – especially Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint
• Excellent written, speech, presentation and negotiating skills required
• Able to travel domestically (up to 50%); international travel may be required
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. OMICRON electronics Corp. USA reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering; or certification of completion of an electronic or electrical technical education, comparable work or military experience is required.
OMICRON provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or origin, age or disability.
• Physical Demands: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of large objects more than 50 pounds; and operating office equipment; Frequent sitting, occasional bending and kneeling.
• Work Environment: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color perception, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to visit a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location.
• Hazards such as those encountered in substation environments, such as the presence of high voltage, and other sources of electrical shock may be encountered. May be required to use Personal Protection Equipment (PPE): hard hats, safety boots, ear protection, safety glasses, fall restraint, and FR clothing.
Should you be interested in applying, please click: https://www.omicron.jobs/en/jobs-opportunities/jobs/#793