Cannon & Cannon, Inc. is a rapidly growing, family-focused business that provides consulting engineering and field surveying services. We have three offices located in the southeastern United States that provide engineering services to communities large and small. Our firm specializes in transportation and public works, public utilities (electrical engineering, water, wastewater and gas), site development, stormwater and environmental, as well as a full range of field surveying services.
Due to our rapid growth, we are seeking to hire a senior electrical engineer/group leader for our growing electric utilities group located in Knoxville, Tenn. This role will be responsible for augmenting our electrical utilities team, as well as expanding our market share throughout the southeast region. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit with at least 10 years of electrical design engineering experience with a focus on power. The ability to market and expand into different sectors, as well as leading and cultivating a collaborative team of engineers, designers, and technicians is critical for the success of this role.
Job Duties include overseeing and/or designing:
• New/relocate/upgrade transmission lines
• New/relocate/upgrade overhead and underground distribution lines
• Modeling/master planning of electric transmission and distribution systems
• Relocation of electric facilities for DOT projects
• Protection and control schemes for substations, substation design and containment projects
• Backup generator installations
• Electric facilities for utility plant and pump station installations
• Lighting projects
• Managing and mentoring a team of engineers
• Preparing contracts
• Managing existing clients and developing new client relationships
• Other duties as assigned
Required Education and/or Experience
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in Tennessee or Kentucky, or the ability to obtain within one year.
• Engineering degree from an accredited university (BSEE preferred)
• PLS CADD experience required
• Photometric lighting experience preferred
• 10 years of work experience with a progressive career track
• Ability to lead and mentor a team of engineers
• Excellent verbal and writing skills to communicate effectively with clients, field engineers, peers, and management.
The successful candidate will earn a competitive salary and enjoy attractive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) and continuing education.
To apply online, go to Cannon & Cannon’s website: http://www.cannon-cannon.com/about-us/career-opportunities/
Post expires at 11:59pm on Tuesday September 24th, 2019