Tullahoma Utilities Authority is searching for an Engineering Associate or Senior Engineering Associate.
Requirement for Engineering Associate is three years electrical experience; Senior Engineering Associate eight years electric utility experience. This job will involve learning the skills and methods required in the design and maintenance of electric/fiber distribution systems, and work under the general direction of the Engineering Supervisor.
Engineering Communication & Organizational Responsibilities
• Provides engineering support for both internal and external customers
• Organizes engineering drawing and develops retention policy
• Works with Access and SQL databases to track and record engineering activity
• Coordinates outside correspondence with customers and contractors
• Occasionally supervises part time help if required
• Meets with customers as needed
Electric/Fiber Line Design
• Writes work orders for new services
• Meets with customers to design and specify security lights
• Designs distribution system for underground subdivisions
• Designs and drafts work orders for system rebuilds and primary extensions.
• Creates detailed material lists for engineering work orders
• Works with Plant Accountant to ensure work order accuracy
• Works with ESRI GIS system and Milsoft engineering software
• Calculates voltage drop, service flicker, and equipment loading.
• Works with fiber department to design build-out backbone fiber
• Understanding of National Electric Safety Code
• Working knowledge of National Electric Code
Other Electric Department Responsibilities
• Coordination of the pole-testing program.
• Maintains transformer records
• Specification and programming of three-phase meters
• Maintenance and troubleshooting of traffic signals
Requirements for Consideration
• Completed or close to completion of two-year degree in engineering or similar field, or comparable experience
• 3+ years work experience, some experience with computers is preferred.
• Ability to read/interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures. Ability to speak English effectively before groups of customers or employees of this organization.
• Ability to calculate with high accuracy
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete and variable situations.
• Ability to work seated in office environment for duration of day.
• Ability to obtain and maintain valid Tennessee driver’s license
Professional Characteristics Desired
• Prior utility design experience.
• Experience working with GIS and facilities management software
• Ability to set and follow priorities; good use of organizational skills.
• Ability and desire to work in a team environment, as well as individually.
• Ability to effectively interact with immediate supervisor, peers, and customers.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with all business data
• Ability to operate various office equipment, telephone system, and radio dispatching, if necessary.
Physical Capabilities for this working environment: Normal (non-smoking) office environment, with moderate noise. Frequently required to talk, sit, use hands to enter data and write. Frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel; climb or balance in order to navigate job sites and construction areas. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds when assisting members with products offered through services provided by the company. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, and ability to focus to determine accurate data entry and a personal computer terminal. Strong vocal clarity to ensure accurate telephone and radio communications. Ability to drive to different job sites or public buildings to meet customers and design facilities.
Accepting applications until February 8, 2019, or until position filled.
Send resumes to email@example.com or mail to Tullahoma Utilities Authority, Attn: HR Dept., 901 South Jackson St., Tullahoma, TN 37388. Information on the job can be found at: http://www.tub.net/files/docs/engineering-associate-senior-website.pdf
Tullahoma Utilities Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Post expires at 11:59pm on Sunday April 28th, 2019