POSITION: System Design Engineer
LCOATION: 2600 Boones Creek Rd. Johnson City, TN 37615
BrightRidge has a full-time opening for a System Design Engineer. The incumbent will:
- Perform all aspects of utility engineering research, design, operation, and maintenance, including working with SCADA.
- Will study, monitor, and adjust the transmission and distribution systems to improve efficiency and reliability.
- Will aid in the design and update of all BrightRidge electrical systems and support systems.
- Will provide design and support for additional systems and packages such as fiber, AMI, OMS, CVR, DLC, transmission and distribution automation, radio systems, intelligent electric systems, load studies, and fault calculation.
- Other duties include but are not limited to: design of new power lines and upgrading of existing power lines; determine, define, and acquire right-of-ways; develop switching procedures; assist with keeping the system feeders’ phases in balance; prepare power contracts and documents for joint use structures; prepare requests for special material and equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Emphasis in power distribution is preferred along with superior customer service skills and a valid driver’s license.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in electrical engineering, preferably with utilities.
- Experience in electric design, plans review, and master planning.
- Must be willing to relocate to the Johnson City area.
Please apply at http://www.brightridge.com/careers by September 30, 2022.