To mark Women’s History Month, TVPPA is turning the spotlight on the 10 dynamic women leading local power companies in the Tennessee Valley.
In the United States, women make up just 12 percent of power company leaders. Here in the Valley, the ranks of female general managers has more than doubled over the last three years, increasing from four to 10. This change highlights the industry knowledge, leadership skills and valuable experience these women bring to their organizations.
Join us in recognizing these trailblazing leaders:
- Stacey White, Arab Electric Cooperative
- Allison Bright, Cullman Power Board
- Angela Verdell, Columbus Light & Water
- Mary McDuffa, City of Florence Utilities
- Candace Vannasdale, Harriman Utility Board
- Kathryn West, North Georgia Electric Membership Corporation
- Belva Bess, Sparta Electric & Public Works
- Loxcil Tuck, Tarrant Electric Department
- Jennifer Brogdon, Upper Cumberland Electric Membership Corporation
- Andrea Harrington, Weakley County Municipal Electric System