This position is responsible for executive oversight and management of the IT department including all operational, planning and communications services required for the operation of West Kentucky Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation. This individual will design, plan and direct IT related activities and will work with the key management staff to identify, develop, implement and support technology solutions for the Cooperative.
Reports to: President & CEO
Supervises: Technology Coordinator, IT Technician
Please apply at https://wkrecc.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=12
- Participates as a member of the President & CEO’s executive staff in the development of the Cooperative’s operating practices and policies, strategic objectives, long-range forecasting and financial planning.
- Works with management to develop a technical vision of the Cooperative and to create and maintain the Cooperative’s strategic information technology plan.
- Develops, maintains and tests all disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity in the event of a major technology failure.
- Develops and implements IT policies and advanced standard operating procedures including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provisions.
- Directs and develops IT personnel to meet the business needs of the Cooperative.
- Manages the financial aspects of the IT department including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Works with department heads and the CEO to define business and systems requirements for new and proposed technology upgrades.
- Develops monthly board reports and makes board level presentations as needed.
- Schedules and performs project management across all departments.
- Works will all department heads to ensure that their technology needs are being met.
- Oversees and ensures employee technical support service needs are met in a timely manner so they can best meet the Cooperative’s needs.
- Research and enforce best practices for network security that meet all security standards such as Red Flag, PCI, etc.
- Manages the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems including servers, PC’s, operating systems, hardware, software, data and voice communications systems and security monitoring systems.
- Ensures accuracy and reliability of all Cooperative data.
- Manages interfaces for all software applications used by the Cooperative.
- Negotiates with technology vendors and oversees any contracted or outsourced audits or work being performed on behalf of the Cooperative.
- Ensures compliance with all software licensing requirements.
- Ensures Cooperative telephone systems are functioning at peak performance.
- Manages the cell phone programs for Cooperative personnel.
- Manages all mobile data devices including VPN access by key employees.
- Oversees mobile data management including office to field information transfer and mobile device updates.
- Attends national, regional, and state meetings as an official representative of the Cooperative.
- Maintains any continuing education requirements as required, and undertakes any continuing education as directed by the President & CEO.
- Meets all the safety requirements of the Cooperative.
- Performs all other duties as required or directed by the President & CEO.
Important: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- President & CEO – To coordinate and plan cooperative information technology and network security goals and to recommend and advise on new and existing policies and/or procedures.
- Vice Presidents – To work together to ensure that all the IT needs of the cooperative associated with work in every department are being met. To prepare a capital and expense budget for each department as it pertains to technology, to assist with all network and computer software and hardware needs. To schedule any network upgrades or system shutdowns.
- Supervisors – To provide leadership and direction by establishing goals and objectives, to conduct performance reviews and to work together to ensure the efficient operation of the cooperative’s IT department.
- Employees and Public – To work together to meet all employee technical service needs and to maintain a courteous and cooperative relationship with employees and the public.
- Member-owners – To maintain good relations with all member-owners.
- Auditors, Consultants, Vendors, and Dealers – To obtain advice and assistance. To review and evaluate their services and to make recommendations to the President & CEO.
- TVPPA and Kentucky Electric Cooperatives – To work together on cyber security issues and other common technology or security challenges.
- Customer Information System Vendor – To ensure accurate data transfer and to maximize efficiency of all systems provided by the CIS vendor. To develop new products that meet the needs of the Cooperative.
- General Public and Community – To represent the cooperative by participating in community functions and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of technical experience in information technology projects and enterprise applications. Management and utility experience preferred.
- Certifications in Network+, Security+ required.
- Certifications in Cisco, IBM, Amazon, Google or similar preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- In depth knowledge of a broad range of computing technologies and proficiency in applying technology solutions.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people.
- Must have the ability to manage, lead and coach employees effectively.
- Must have the ability to handle a wide variety of tasks and be organized to meet deadlines and to work under critical timelines and pressures.
- Must be a team player.
- Must possess good analytical and decision-making skills.
- Must maintain all confidential information.
- Should be a good listener that relates to and empathizes with employees, the board and members.
- Should always maintain a professional demeanor.
- Should be comfortable and self-confident in a wide variety of situations including public speaking and individual employee and member contacts.
- Should be aware of and comply with all safety rules and codes that are in affect at the Cooperative.
Important: West Kentucky RECC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on the needs of the cooperative and/or their duties to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Post expires at 11:59pm on Sunday March 29th, 2020