INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information you share through the Site. We may collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, postal address, email address, phone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“PII”) only when you have voluntarily provided such PII to us (e.g., through registration, contact inquiries, etc.). We may also collect information concerning you, including, but not limited to:
- The kind of product or service you are seeking from TVPPA
- Records and copies of your correspondence (if you contact us)
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes
- Your search queries on the Site
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfillment of your orders
As a general rule, we use PII and other information we collect only for the purpose for which you have divulged the data to us, such as to answer your inquiries, to register you for an event or training, to address issues you may identify, to grant you access to password protected portions of the Site, to improve the Site, or to forward the information you provide to an internal TVPPA staff member or department for appropriate action. Survey information may be used to improve services and better gauge sentiment on issues ranging from services to Site design.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION
Our web servers and/or the Analytics Technologies may collect and store the following general information about you: the originating name of the domain from which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages of the Site you visit or the services you access on the Site; the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Site; and the type of device, device ID, operating system and web browser you use to access the Site. This information is collected automatically. It is used to help us understand how people are using the Site and to improve the Site and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Site according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognize you when you return to the Site
Our web servers and/or Google Analytics may also collect Internet protocol addresses (the Internet address of a computer or other device) to track a user’s session while the user remains anonymous. We analyze this data for certain trends in statistics, such as which parts of the Site users are visiting and how long they spend there.
DO NOT TRACK POLICY
We may also use these automatic data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (“Behavioral Tracking”). “Do Not Track” is a proposed standard that is currently under development. As it is not yet finalized, we adhere to the standards set out in this Privacy Notice and we do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals on the Site or on third-party websites or online services where we may collect information. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include PII, and we do not maintain it or associate it with PII we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about targeted content, you should contact the responsible party directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from certain providers, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any PII:
- To present the Site and its contents to you
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered
into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- To notify you about changes to the Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent
By using the Site, you are consenting to this.
WHAT INFORMATION IS SHARED AND WITH WHOM
- Provide you with products and/or services that you requested from us
- Operate or conduct maintenance and repair of the Site or the equipment used to operate the Site
- Perform statistical analysis
- Send you email or postal mail
- Provide customer support
We may also share data with vendors for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent. All such third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information and are prohibited from using your PII except for the purposes for which we disclose it to them or as required by law.
We may provide information to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable law or when we otherwise believe in good faith that the law requires it. There may be instances when we may access or disclose your information in order to protect or defend the legal rights or property of TVPPA and its affiliated companies or their employees and agents, to protect the safety and security of users, and to protect against fraud.
TVPPA may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets in connection with a merger, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy, without your permission. In such an event, PII may be one of the assets transferred. The Site is developed and supported by third-party vendors, who may in the course of performing their services for us have access to your PII. We contractually require such vendors to maintain the confidentiality of your PII and keep your PII secure. We do not allow such vendors to use or share your PII for any purpose other than in performing services for us.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the PII you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. TVPPA does not share your PII with unaffiliated third parties for promotional purposes.
- Google Analytics Opt-out Option. If you do not want your information collected with Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics optout browser add-on. To opt-out of Google Analytics, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page (located at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout) and install the add-on for your browser. For more details, visit the “Google Analytics opt-out browser addon” page (located at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en).
We have implemented measures designed to secure your PII from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Your PII is password protected and restricted within our organization to employees and trusted partners that need access to your PII in order to correspond with you and provide the products and/or services that you requested from us. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Unless TVPPA requests your password in order to troubleshoot an issue you are reporting, do not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee the security of your PII transmitted through the Site. Any transmission of PII is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
The use of any PII provided by you to, or automatically collected from, a third party will be governed by that party’s privacy policies. If you are unsure whether a website is controlled, affiliated, or managed by TVPPA, you should review the privacy policies at each linked website to determine how that site treats your PII.
ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
If you have any questions about PII that may be retained by TVPPA, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon your request, TVPPA will provide to you the PII under its control, if any, as well as information about the ways in which that information is being used and disclosed. TVPPA only collects PII for the purposes of providing you with products and/or services that you requested from us and the support of those products and/or services. TVPPA will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that PII we may be using or disclosing is accurate and complete. If you demonstrate that your information is inaccurate or incomplete, the information will be amended as appropriate. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to any request and update your PII, if necessary.