Due to the increased demand for power brought on by extreme temperatures and a wind-chill which will approach near zero as the evening progresses, TVA has made a public appeal for energy conservation and called on local power companies across the Valley to do the same.
Through TVPPA’s ELCP Communications Toolkit, LPCs have access to information and images that communicate the call for energy conservation to their communities. Any TVPPA members who have not already downloaded these communications tools can do so now by logging in at the top right of the TVPPA homepage and choosing “Communications Tools” from the members-only menu. If you have any issues with the download or have questions about adding your logo to the graphics, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you prepare your own messages to encourage conservation, here are some tips you might share with your consumers:
- Set your thermostat to 65-68°F and wear additional layers to stay comfortable and safe.
- Delay using major appliances until further notice.
- Keep exterior and garage doors closed as much as possible.
- Avoid using hot water when possible.
- Open window coverings on the sunny side of your home. Keep them closed in shady areas.
- Set ceiling fans to rotate clockwise.
- Turn off all electric devices when you leave a room.
Please continue to monitor your email for updates from TVA or visit www.tva.com/newsroom.