During the TVPPA Board of Directors’ regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, May 22 at the 77th Annual Conference Marriott Grand Hotel Conference Center in Point Clear, Ala., the 2023 Board Nominating Committee, chaired by the then chairman Wes Kelley, proposed a new slate of officers. The Board elected the following officers:
- Chair Jarrod Brackett, General Manager & CEO of Fort Loudon E
- Vice Chair Ray Hardin, General Manager of Decatur Utilities
- Secretary/Treasurer Dave Cross, CEO of Plateau EC
TVPPA’s Board also took a moment during its meeting to honor outgoing board members and welcome new ones. They welcomed four brand-new members and expressed appreciation to their predecessors:
- Jody Wigington of Morristown Utilities elected by the Appalachian District Power Distributors Association succeeds LaFollette Utilities’ Kenny Baird in representing the district’s municipals;
- Stacey White of Arab Electric Cooperative was elected by the North Alabama Power Providers Association to succeed George Kitchens of Joe Wheeler EMC in representing the district’s cooperatives;
- Kendall Bear of Rockwood Electric Utilities was elected by the Southeast District Power Distributors Association to replace Murphy (N.C.) Power Board’s Larry Kernea in representing the district’s municipals; and
- Loyd Muncy of Chickasaw Electric Cooperative was elected by the Western District Managers Association to replace Forked Deer EC’s Jeff Newman as its cooperative representative.
The board also recognized Chattanooga EPB’s David Wade upon the conclusion of his service as the Municipal At-Large Big 8 representative. His successor, Gabe Bolas, was confirmed by members at the Annual Business Meeting the following day.
The Association thanks all of the outgoing and incoming board members for their service, and board officers for their leadership.