The American Public Power Association (APPA) recognized nine TVPPA members with Safety Awards of Excellence for their safe operating practices during 2022 at the annual APPA Engineering & Operations Conference in in Pasadena, Calif., late last month.
Entrants were placed in categories according to their number of worker-hours and ranked based on the incident-free records and overall state of their safety programs and culture during 2022. A utility’s incidence rate is based on its number of work-related reportable injuries or illnesses and the number of worker-hours during 2022, as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Congratulations to the following 2022 Safety Awards Honorees from the Tennessee Valley:
Group D (60,000-109,999 worker-hours of exposure)
- Bolivar Energy Authority (First Place)
- Tullahoma Utilities Authority (First Place)
- BVU Authority (Honorable Mention)
- Columbus Light & Water (Honorable Mention)
Group E (110,000-249,999 worker-hours of exposure)
- Morristown Utilities (Second Place)
- Cleveland Utilities (Third Place)
Group F (250,000-999,999 worker-hours of exposure)
- CDE Lightband (Third Place)
- Knoxville Utilities Board (Honorable Mention)
Group G (1,000,000-3,999,999 worker-hours of exposure)
- Huntsville Utilities (Second Place)